LANAP® for Gum Disease Treatment
Gum disease is very common and affects almost everyone to some degree. If you have it, getting treatment from your dentist for gum disease is important. Neglecting gum disease treatment can cause tooth loss and even lead to serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, different cancers, low-birth rates and other ailments.
Visiting the dentist for gum disease can be an uncomfortable, anxious experience for many people. That’s because traditional gum disease treatment often means:
- Getting your teeth pulled out and then wearing dentures or implants
- Deep scraping and digging into the gum lines, which compromises healthy gum tissue
- Lots of bleeding
- Going home with stitches and packing between your gums
- A painful recovery with medicine
- Avoiding most of the foods you like to eat
- Waiting it out until your gums heal
A visit with Dr. Geoffrey Jones, a dentist for gum disease is a whole different experience.
Dr. Jones was the first dentist in Rhode Island to offer the revolutionary Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) – the only FDA-cleared laser treatment protocol available today for gum disease treatment. LANAP® is safe, extremely affective, and fully-supported by medical research, including human histological studies.
Dr. Jones’ staff is fully trained and certified to perform LANAP® for gum disease treatment. Dr. Jones also uses the PerioLase® MVP-7™ to perform LANAP®. This FDA-cleared, innovative dental instrument makes gum disease treatment not only markedly more comfortable than traditional methods, but it provides specific benefits that other gum disease treatments can’t.
The PerioLase® uses an extremely precise beam of light that identifies and destroys only the harmful bacteria lurking inside the gum pockets without harming the adjacent healthy tissue. Healthy tissue left behind can then reattach to the root surface to support the natural tooth. LANAP® even promotes new growth around existing teeth – a notable breakthrough for gum disease treatment and for patients who may have been at risk of losing their natural teeth.
A few great reasons to consider a LANAP® dentist for gum disease:
- LANAP® is minimally invasive and causes little, if any, discomfort – pain medication is rarely required.
- Keep your own teeth!
- Minimal bleeding – the PerioLase® dental laser kills only harmful bacteria, thereby controlling 90% of the inflammation that causes gum bleeding.
- Recovery is fast – healing can take as little as 24 hours or less so you can resume life as usual.
- No receding gums – no cutting means your gum line stays exactly the way it is.
- Reduced sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Predictable and lasting results – patients who practice good oral hygiene usually enjoy permanent results.
- Regenerates new bone – LANAP® is the only protocol scientifically proven to simulate bone growth around the teeth.
Dr. Jones, located in Middletown and Newport, RI, is a Dentist who services patients from Newport, RI, Portsmouth, RI, and Jamestown, RI. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!
Download the LANAP Laser Pack